Sunday, 27 February 2011

In the Works: 4E Shinobi Class

I'm currently working on my interpretation of the Shinobi class for 4th edition D&D. I'll be sure to post some previews as I progress, and will be looking for input and play testers. A few details of what I have in mind follow.

I envision the Shinobi as a striker roll who will lean towards controller based on your choice of powers, but I want to make them a very flexible class. Each of the three builds I am working  on will have one primary strength in Taijutsu, Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, but there will also be a little over lap so you will never find yourself vulnerable, you always have your principle Shinobi abilities to fall back on.

One build will be melee focused using quick motions to disorientate and engage multiple foes at once. The Second will use mainly ranged attacks; letting the enemy fall into his or her traps; lulling them in to a false sense of security. The final build has less of a focus on stealth and speed and will probably be more of a striker. They'll use not only powerful Genjutsus to attack the minds of their opponents, but also some very flashy, not so subtle abilities as well.

Those familiar with Naruto will see in latter posts I've taken a lot of inspiration from there but I've tried to re-brand it with an atmosphere that is very much 4E D&D.