Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Sucker Punch

Another Sucker Punch trailer has hit the web. While I love Zack Snyder's Watchmen adaptation and his remake of Dawn of the Dead, 300 doesn't really do anything for me and Tales of the Black Freighter is near unwatchable unless spliced into the Watchmen Ultimate Edition. To say he is a polarising creator is a given, having a background in advertisement he obviously has a good eye for the shots, but so far we've seen him to do little more than re-brand an existing product. Sucker Punch is his chance to show us what he can do but instead looks to be more mindless eye candy.

I imagine this will do well at the cinema and get a mixed critical reception. For myself I can imagine it will be an all or nothing affair. If there's the depth to match the pretty exterior (the opening credits of Watchmen are enough to show what he can do when the mythology is rich enough) I'll be happy, or if he goes as gory as Watchmen, I'll just watch the most brutal parts and get my moneys worth there. Otherwise, I probably just wont watch it at all.


Yahoo! Movies: Sucker Punch